The Mission of Earthen Vessels Outreach is to build social, racial and economic bridges to connect communities, organizations and people for the enhancement and transformation of all in Bloomfield, Garfield, Friendship, East Liberty and Lawrenceville through our programs and people.
* The Search Institute is an independent nonprofit organization whose mission is to advance the well-being of adolescents and children. In the early 1990's, the 40 Developmental Assets were introduced as a way to help support the healthy development of children and adolescents. The importance and commitment to developmental assets rank just behind our most important commitment, the development of the whole individual spiritually, intellectually, physically, and socially.
The fulfillment of this misson requires ministering to the whole person (holistic ministry) intellectually, spiritually, physically, and socially. According to the UPMC 2000 census, there are over 2500 youth within a two mile radius that are below the poverty lever. In a nutshell, our goals are to:
- Meet a person's needs at their level of development and assist them in achieving personal growth
- Ensure the intellectual, spiritual, physical, and social components of our holistic models are appropriately incorporated into each of our programs
- Network or partner with other organizations that will advance the accomplishments of our mission while avoiding unnecessary duplication of services
- Maintain the highest standards of financial integrity and stewardship while pursuing diversified sources of income
- To implement and advance the 40 Developmental Assets outlined by the Search Institute* as being necessary for adolescents to make healthy choices and avoid risky behaviors as they approach adulthood